This Web site is solely owned by Baylor Health Care System and maintained by the STEEEP Global Institute.
USE OF INFORMATION.
PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION.
You may view and download material on the Web site solely for your own personal and non-commercial use. You must keep all copyright and other proprietary notices on any copies of the material you use from this Web site. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or services obtained from the Services.
Certain activities are prohibited on this Web site, with the Services, and on the network and servers supporting this Web site (the “Network”). Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to, using the Services, Network, or Web site in such a manner as to damage, destruct, impair in any way, disable, overburden, or introduce computer viruses to the Web site, attempting to access restricted areas of the Web site through any means, using slanderous or profane language in any areas involving communications of the Web site, or interfering with the use of this Web site by another party.
We reserve the right to terminate or deny access to you if you engage in any prohibited activity.
No links to other Web sites or references to third parties are intended to be endorsements of a third parties’ products or services.
PRIVACY AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
NO PRACTICE OF MEDICINE.
This Web site is not engaged in the practice of medicine. Any information and advice on the Web site is given on a generalized, generic basis, and is not specific to any individual patient’s condition. Use of this Web site is helpful in making you informed about health care issues, and use of this site does not create a care provider-patient relationship. On-line health services and health information cannot replace a health professional-patient relationship, and you should always consult with a professional for diagnosis and treatment of any specific health problems. You should not disregard any advice or treatment from your health professional based on your interpretation of what you may read on this Web site.
Physicians are members of the medical staff at one of Baylor Health Care System’s subsidiary, community, or affiliated medical centers and are neither employees nor agents of those medical centers or Baylor Health Care System.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES.
Baylor Websites may provide links to official federal, state or local government websites, quasi-government agency and government sponsored websites and websites created by public/sector/private sector partnerships when those sites contain information helpful to our users.
Before providing a link to an external website, the external website must meet the following criteria:
- The site clearly relates to and complements existing information, products and services on the Baylor Websites.
- The site contains relevant, useful and authoritative content and features that will benefit our users.
- The site clearly states and reflects its purpose and provides overall quality and authoritative value to our users.
- The site contains accurate and timely information that is regularly updated.
- The site is accessible and applicable to a wide audience.
- The site’s approach to protecting the privacy and security of personal information is consistent with the Baylor Websites’ privacy and security policies.
- The site is non-profit and provides information at no cost. . This includes government, university, and non-profit organization websites. Baylor Health Care System does not link to sites whose primary purpose is to sell products or services.
- The site’s content has excellent overall quality.
- The site is organized, “user-friendly” and easy to navigate.
- If the site contains links to other sites, the linked sites are functional and appropriate.
- The site is a credible source for information. The site must be free of typos and errors so that it does not detract from the credibility of the site.
- The site does not exhibit hate, bias or discrimination or contain information or hyperlinks associated with partisan political activity. The site does not contain offending sexual content.
- The site does not contain misleading or unsubstantiated claims or conflict with the mission of Baylor Health Care System.
- The site does not require additional software or hardware.
- The site loads in a reasonable amount of time and is consistently available.
Baylor Health Care System and/or its respective suppliers make no representations about the suitability of the information contained in the information and related graphics published as part of the Services for any purpose. All Such information and related graphics are provided “As Is” without warranty of any kind. Baylor Health Care System and/or its respective suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, including all warranties and conditions of merchantability, whether express, implied or statutory, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no event shall Baylor Health Care System and/or its respective suppliers be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information available from the Services.
We offer registration for certain programs, events, and classes that may request personal information. In order to register you may be requested to complete certain information, such as name, telephone number and e-mail address. In addition, you may be asked during registration to tell us about health topics that you are interested in.
We may use your registration information to send you an e-mail confirming your registration with our site, to respond to questions from you, or to notify you if there is a problem with any registrations placed. We may also, from time to time, send e-mails, with your permission, on special promotions or newsletters we think may be of interest to you.
Upon registering any of your information, please keep all of your information confidential and in a secure place. You will be responsible and liable for any and all activities that occur under your account.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively, “Trademarks”) displayed on this site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Baylor Health Care System and other Third Party content providers in the U.S. and/or other countries. No Trademark displayed on this site may be used without written permission of the owner of such Trademarks. Misuse of these Trademarks, or any other content on this site, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Baylor Health Care System will enforce their intellectual property rights. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, post, retransmit, or distribute in any way any of the information contained in this site without prior written consent of Baylor Health Care System. Unless otherwise noted, everything that you see or read on this site is copyrighted.
Copyright 2002, Baylor Health Care System, 3500 Gaston Avenue, Dallas, TX 75246. All rights reserved.